.addon stats v2!
|New Bug Report System
||Feb 20, 2007 02:02
|I am pleased to announce that we have done away with the old Bug Reports forum. It has now been replaced with bugs.alliedmods.net, powered by Flyspray. You can log into the bug system with your forums account (and you must have a forums account to log in).
There were many problems with the old setup. Since most people don't bother reading instructions, no matter how bright, bold, and red the text was, it was often cluttered with ridiculous, irrelevant posts. And since it was close to the forum software itself, it often attracted "me too," or unhelpful, side-tracked topics by users not realizing that they were only hurting the reporting process.
This new system is centralized across AlliedModders projects. It lets us assign issues to specific releases, organize milestones, assign priorities, and force categorization of reports. Hopefully this will greatly improve how we interact with users when resolving issues.
Unfortunately, we are unable to import the old bug reports into the new system. Thus, we invite anyone with old, outstanding reports to repost them into the new system.
On that note, a few select issues have been fixed in the 1.76 branch over the past month or so. Thus, we have decided to release a 1.76d in the interim, which will come out shortly. Development of the 1.77 branch has started thanks to sawce, and we will probably start beta testing sometime in March.
|.: by BAILOPAN
|AMX Mod Closed, Dev Teams Merged
||Jan 05, 2007 01:05
|As many of you have already noticed, a few months ago the majority of the old AMX Mod Team members decided to join AMX Mod X. We decided that, as a whole, the Half-Life community would be better off with everyone working together toward a common goal and project.
As a result of this, the AMX Mod forums were locked as read-only last week. In order to accomodate AMX Mod users into the AMX Mod X community, we have opened a new forum specifically to help people migrate. AMX Mod users who wish to move to AMX Mod X may post support/migration quests, plugins which don't work, and interface features which may be missing.
Please join us in welcoming members of the AMX Mod community into our own! As always, flaming, rude behaviour, or other such inappropriate conduct from anyone will not be tolerated.
New additions to the AMX Mod X Development and Moderation Teams include:
Please also note that today we have adopted new global forum rules. You can read them by clicking here.
|.: by BAILOPAN
|AMX Mod X 1.76c Released!
||Dec 24, 2006 01:04
|On behalf of the AMX Mod X Team, I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, or Whatever Wintery Delicious Special you like!
I am pleased to announce the release of AMX Mod X 1.76c. This release is a small bug-fix release which fixes a few very important issues, including a few long-standing corruption/crash bugs, and an exploit around the Counter-Strike weapon restrictions plugin.
Note that for this release, we are distributing a list of officially modified files so users may build their own upgrade packs. These differences are against 1.76b, and they can be found in the Upgrade link below.
Upgrade Guide: Click here
Changelog: Click here
As promised, this release contains no AMD64 builds. This will hopefully mark the end of the 1.76 branch, however, any serious bugs that come up may warrant a 1.76d. Around mid to late January we will begin processing requests for the 1.77 branch.
Again, enjoy your holiday and New Year!
|.: by BAILOPAN
|AMX Mod X 1.76b Released, AMD64 Discontinued
||Oct 31, 2006 19:44
|AMX Mod X 1.76b Released
This is a small bug-fix release to the 1.76 branch of AMX Mod X.
This update affects small portions of the Base, Counter-Strike, and Day of Defeat packages. This time we are offering update packs for the base package only. To get full packages of this update, see the downloads page.
Base, 1.76 to 1.76b
Base, 1.76a to 1.76b
As always, make sure you read Upgrading AMX Mod X.
Click Here for the changelog.
AMD64 To Be Discontinued
It brings us sadness to say this, since AMD64 was one of our first big accomplishments with the AMX Mod X project. However, we have decided to to stop providing AMD64 builds. The source code base will continue to be AMD64 compatible in the event that Valve reverses their AMD64 support, so you will be free to compile your own 64bit builds.
However, we will not support the 64bit branch anymore. The reasons for this are many, but here are a few of the major ones:
- Valve has been continually uncommitted to their AMD64 port. This is a huge disappointment, since they originally promised full compliance, and this caused many providers to buy 64bit equipment.
- Valve has told users to stop using the 64bit binaries, as they have "no 64bit support," and clients "should use the 32bit binaries" (hlds_linux mailing list, Alfred Reynolds).
- Valve has not updated AMD64 to the latest engine interface or VAC2. This leads to support problems for the AMX Mod X team when our own features cannot work.
- There is no JIT available for AMD64 -- thus, there is a huge performance loss in choosing AMX Mod X 64bit over 32bit. Likely, the gain from using 64bit HLDS is lost when using non-JIT AMX Mod X.
- AMD64 is currently estimated to be only 6% of the userbase.
- Since Valve never released a real AMD64 compatible SDK, the only 64bit mod is Counter-Strike/Condition-Zero.
- The method we chose to port to AMD64 was, in retrospect, flawed on a few different metrics. If we were to go back and do it again, the outcome would be very different (for example, there would be no dual compiler). The port exposes many design deficiencies in AMX Mod X.
And so, regretfully, our AMD64 port dies with the 1.76 branch. Moment of silence?
In the rare event that you have a specific codebase or system tied to AMD64, you can contact me ( [email]firstname.lastname@example.org[/email] ) for a possible solution or migration. For general migration questions, feel free to PM me or post in this news thread.
If your server provider forces AMD64 usage, you should contact them and explain why they should revert or give an option. If that's not viable, you can always use older versions of AMX Mod X.
Note for providers/operators:
You can update Steam to get an updated hlds_run which disables AMD64 startups:
./steam -command update -game cstrike -dir .
|.: by BAILOPAN
|AMX Mod X 1.76a Released
||Sep 25, 2006 22:11
|We've released a small bugfix-only update to AMX Mod X. This update is designed to fix some of the minor or annoying issues found in the 1.76 release.
This update affects the Base package and Counter-Strike Addon package. If you want to see exactly which files have changed, we are providing an update zip file that contains only what you need:
Base Package Update (2.8MB)
Counter-Strike Package Update (155KB)
As always, full downloads are available at http://www.amxmodx.org/downloads.php
* Fixed am44694: is_user_alive() on TFC returned false information when players joined.
* Fixed am45015: The translation string for ambiguous name matches was incorrect for English, Spanish, and German.
* Fixed am44956: The "extra plugin files" feature could break with more than two files after upgrading to 1.76.
* Fixed minor bugs in the installer, such as not detecting CHMOD properly.
* Fixed am45020: HE Grenade kill messages could interrupt each other in miscstats.sma.
* Fixed am45017: mapsmenu.sma contained an untranslated phrase.
* Fixed am40911: statsx.sma displayed last known attacker/victim stats to spectators.
* Fixed am44973: The CSX module incorrectly reported many knife kills as headshots.
* Fixed am44964: SQLX Threaded Queries could crash if passed an invalid database name.
|.: by BAILOPAN